From: Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] private files
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 19:10:13
1 > I thought since I'm well familiar with tar and gzip it might be
2 > something to tar.gz the directories and encrypt the result.
3
4 What about mounting an encrypted filesystem in a file via loopback
5 device?
6
7 Once configured, it can easily be mounted like
8
9 mount ~/Nothinginhere
10 Passphrase:
11
12 For backup issues you can simply copy the file somewhere.
13
14 Disadvantage: If one bit flips in the file accidentally, your data is
15 lost, but if so, simply restore an earlier backup file, copy the
16 contents to the hard drive and create a new crypto file.
17
18 There are easy to follow tutorials out there for sure.
21 Best regards
24 ce
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list