From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] iptables (not) started?
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:44:10
1 On Friday 29 Mar 2013 18:25:11 Jarry wrote:
2 > Hi Gentoo-users,
3 >
4 > I noticed one thing on my server: during boot-up no message
5 > about firewall being started is printed on console. I always
6 > have to check manually if iptables-rules have been loaded.
7 > Strange thing, when doing shutdown, I see messages I expect:
8 >
9 > * Saving iptables state ... [ ok ]
10 > * Stopping firewall ... [ ok ]
11 >
12 > I checked also /etc/init.d/iptables and I think it should
13 > show some messages at start:
14 >
15 > start() {
16 > checkconfig || return 1
17 > ebegin "Loading ${iptables_name} state and starting firewall"
18 > ${iptables_bin}-restore ${SAVE_RESTORE_OPTIONS} < "${iptables_save}"
19 > eend $?
20 > }
21 >
22 > Can someone explain to me why this message is not printed?
23
24 Do you have some other script starting your iptables, rather than the vanilla
25 /etc/init.d/iptables?
26
27 Does '/etc/init.d/iptables status' show that it is running?
28 --
29 Regards,
30 Mick