From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] http-replicator permissions
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 18:27:55
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 09:48:50 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >>> Alternatively, use an NFS mount as $DISTDIR and you don't end up with
6 >>> copies of the tarballs on every machine on the network.
7 >>>
8 >
9 >> I did that once and I don't recall having any problems. I had 4 rigs
10 >> plus a really slow dial-up connection. When I found out about
11 >> http-replicator and rsync, I started using it. I couldn't tell any
12 >> difference tho.
13 >>
14 >> If you do use NFS, I think you have to run emerge --metadata on the
15 >> secondary machines. That may have changed since it has been a while.
16 >>
17 > You may do if you put $PORTDIR on NFS, but I am only sharing $DISTDIR.
23 I cheated and just shared /usrportage, distfiles and all. I wasn't to
24 clear on what I was doing in my reply up there.
25
26 Dale
27