From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] http-replicator permissions
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 17:49:20
1 On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 09:48:50 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > Alternatively, use an NFS mount as $DISTDIR and you don't end up with
4 > > copies of the tarballs on every machine on the network.
5
6 > I did that once and I don't recall having any problems. I had 4 rigs
7 > plus a really slow dial-up connection. When I found out about
8 > http-replicator and rsync, I started using it. I couldn't tell any
9 > difference tho.
10 >
11 > If you do use NFS, I think you have to run emerge --metadata on the
12 > secondary machines. That may have changed since it has been a while.
13
14 You may do if you put $PORTDIR on NFS, but I am only sharing $DISTDIR.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.