From: Arnaud FARINE <arnaud.farine@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Synce and gentoo : crash RAPI driver
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 14:10:19
1 On 3/1/07, Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 14:40:28 +0100 "Arnaud FARINE"
6 > <arnaud.farine@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >
8 > > Great answer !! I understand that I must use the subversion If I
9 > > would like to have a chance to make something ;-)
10 >
11 > I think so. When I tried it using the (masked) version that is in
12 > Portage, it failed miserably.
13 >
14 > > I verify by two times, I've CONFIG_USB_NET_CDCETHER set to =m, so I
15 > > think it's ok.
16 >
17 > Yep.
18 >
19 > > rndis-driver...I don't understand "You might even have to delete the
20 > > modules that
21 > > the kernel generated in order to use the usb-rndis-lite ones, because
22 > > they will have the same name as the vanilla-kernel modules. It is
23 > > important to compile them in you kernel beforehand in order to have
24 > > the kernel include some needed symbols." but I'll look for at the
25 > > link that you give me.
26 >
27 > When you install usb-rndis-lite (after checking it out with svn and
28 > compiling it), you may find that the modules have the same name as
29 > those which were compiled from kernel sources. usb-rndis-lite will put
30 > its module in /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/extra, I think. Because the
31 > kernel puts its own modules in /lib/modules/.../kernel/driver/usb/net
32 > (or similar, can't check right now), there will be a naming collision.
33 > This might lead into a situation where the new usb-rndis-lite drivers
34 > are never loaded because the kernel's own drivers are loaded first.
35 > However, the kernel's own driver don't support WM5 right now, AFAIK.
36 >
37 > > Other thing, I use dccm bc occm isn't provided by Gentoo distrib...
38 >
39 > odccm will be available from subversion. I think it is definately
40 > preferred over the others.
41 >
42 > > I thank you, and I'll try this soon! Do you think I must unmerge my
43 > > synce previous installation before to use subversion ? Or the
44 > > subversion compilation scratchs my present installation ?
45 >
46 > It will probably work, but watch out to always call the right utility.
47 > Maybe you'll run into problems with the concurrent versions of
48 > librapi/libsynce/synce.
49 >
50 > Just ask if you run into problems during following the wiki's recipe!
51 >
52 > -hwh
53 > --
54 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
57 Thanks!!
58 After the subversion install I'll install again all necessary package to be
59 sure!
60 I'll make a feed back ;-)
61
62 Regards