From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Synce and gentoo : crash RAPI driver
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 13:58:24
1 Hi,
2
3 On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 14:40:28 +0100 "Arnaud FARINE"
4 <arnaud.farine@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > Great answer !! I understand that I must use the subversion If I
7 > would like to have a chance to make something ;-)
8
9 I think so. When I tried it using the (masked) version that is in
10 Portage, it failed miserably.
11
12 > I verify by two times, I've CONFIG_USB_NET_CDCETHER set to =m, so I
13 > think it's ok.
14
15 Yep.
16
17 > rndis-driver...I don't understand "You might even have to delete the
18 > modules that
19 > the kernel generated in order to use the usb-rndis-lite ones, because
20 > they will have the same name as the vanilla-kernel modules. It is
21 > important to compile them in you kernel beforehand in order to have
22 > the kernel include some needed symbols." but I'll look for at the
23 > link that you give me.
24
25 When you install usb-rndis-lite (after checking it out with svn and
26 compiling it), you may find that the modules have the same name as
27 those which were compiled from kernel sources. usb-rndis-lite will put
28 its module in /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/extra, I think. Because the
29 kernel puts its own modules in /lib/modules/.../kernel/driver/usb/net
30 (or similar, can't check right now), there will be a naming collision.
31 This might lead into a situation where the new usb-rndis-lite drivers
32 are never loaded because the kernel's own drivers are loaded first.
33 However, the kernel's own driver don't support WM5 right now, AFAIK.
34
35 > Other thing, I use dccm bc occm isn't provided by Gentoo distrib...
36
37 odccm will be available from subversion. I think it is definately
38 preferred over the others.
39
40 > I thank you, and I'll try this soon! Do you think I must unmerge my
41 > synce previous installation before to use subversion ? Or the
42 > subversion compilation scratchs my present installation ?
43
44 It will probably work, but watch out to always call the right utility.
45 Maybe you'll run into problems with the concurrent versions of
46 librapi/libsynce/synce.
47
48 Just ask if you run into problems during following the wiki's recipe!
49
50 -hwh
51 --
52 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list