From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mysql is being pulled in again!
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 12:17:26
1 On 5 March 2010 09:42, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 06:53:15 +0000, Mick wrote:
3 >
4 >> I was trying to understand why a virtual package like virtual/mysql is
5 >> pulling in dev-db/mysql and I used the syslog virtual/real
6 >> relationship as an analogy.
7 >
8 > The clue is in the name of the virtual, it is satisfied by one of the
9 > MySQL packages in portage. You canot simply replace one SQL database with
10 > another, otherwise there's be a virtual/sqldb that would be satisfied by
11 > any of them.
12
13 Of course! It was all in the pkg_name. Thank you Neil.
14 --
15 Regards,
16 Mick