From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mysql is being pulled in again!
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 09:43:00
1 On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 06:53:15 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > I was trying to understand why a virtual package like virtual/mysql is
4 > pulling in dev-db/mysql and I used the syslog virtual/real
5 > relationship as an analogy.
6
7 The clue is in the name of the virtual, it is satisfied by one of the
8 MySQL packages in portage. You canot simply replace one SQL database with
9 another, otherwise there's be a virtual/sqldb that would be satisfied by
10 any of them.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Last yur I kudnt spel modjerater now I are won.