From: Ted Ozolins <ted1@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting Photos From A Digital Camera
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 04:21:05
1 Adrian wrote:
2
3 >Greetings.
4 >
5 >This would be my first attempt at getting photos from a digital camera
6 >with my Gentoo system.
7 >
8 >I am using a Kodak EasyShare C533.
9 >
10 >With USBViewr I can see that the system sees the camera. That part of
11 >things seems to be working.
12 >
13 >However, I've not really a clue what software to use.
14 >
15 >GPhoto2 does not list this camera as a supported model.
16 >
17 >I see there is a program called camera but it is masked.
18 >
19 >Any other suggestions? As always, my thanks.
20 >
21 >Adrian
26 Emerge gphoto2 and gtkam and have gtkam scan for a camera. See if
27 anything comes up. or you can use the comand-line and:
28
29 *|gphoto2 /|--auto-detect
32 |/|*
37 Ted Ozolins(VE7TVO)