From: Adrian <linuxgn2@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting Photos From A Digital Camera
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 04:45:59
1 On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 21:11:59 -0700
2 Ted Ozolins <ted1@×××××.net> wrote the words:
3
4 > Adrian wrote:
5 >
6 > >Greetings.
7 > >
8 > >This would be my first attempt at getting photos from a digital
9 > >camera with my Gentoo system.
10 > >
11 > >I am using a Kodak EasyShare C533.
12 > >
13 > >With USBViewr I can see that the system sees the camera. That part
14 > >of things seems to be working.
15 > >
16 > >However, I've not really a clue what software to use.
17 > >
18 > >GPhoto2 does not list this camera as a supported model.
19 > >
20 > >I see there is a program called camera but it is masked.
21 > >
22 > >Any other suggestions? As always, my thanks.
23 > >
24 > >Adrian
29 > Emerge gphoto2 and gtkam and have gtkam scan for a camera. See if
30 > anything comes up. or you can use the comand-line and:
31 >
32 > *|gphoto2 /|--auto-detect
35 > |/|*
39 > --
40 > Ted Ozolins(VE7TVO)
41 > Westbank, B. C
42
43 Thank you, I will investigate your suggestions.
44
45 Adrian
50 On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos
51
52 On The Fly Photography: http://204EastSouth.com
53 Purchase from On The Fly: http://204EastSouth.com/OTFStore.htm
54 The Cynical Libertarian Society: http://www.204EastSouth.com/cls