From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] a few blockers I can't figure out
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 14:03:53
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 31/08/2015 13:49, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 > >> A clue is in the ebuilds for systemd:
5 > >> >
6 > >> > sysv-utils? (
7 > >> > !sys-apps/systemd-sysv-utils
8 > >> > !sys-apps/sysvinit )
9 > >> >
10 > >> > That's a hard blocker, no way round it. It's in all the systemd ebuilds
11 > >> > for the current unstable versions.
12 > >> >
13 > >> > Do you have USE="sysv-utils" set for sysvinit?
14 > >> >
15 > >> > If so, to have both sysvinit and systemd, you will have to disable that
16 > >> > USE flag and see what comes next.
17 > > I put that use flag in there because I thought it would allow systemd to
18 > > generate a service from a script in /etc/init.d, but I will see what
19 > > happens when I remove that flag or maybe if there is another way to
20 > > accomplish that?
21 > > Well, that did it! It still is downgrading systemd, but that's not too
22 > > bad, thanks guys.
23 >
24 > $ euses -sf sysv-utils
25 > sys-apps/systemd:sysv-utils - Install sysvinit compatibility symlinks
26 > and manpages for init, telinit, halt, poweroff, reboot, runlevel, and
27 > shutdown
30 > That description is quite vague, and could mean many things. I'm no
31 > expert on systemd, but I would imagine that it already has it's own
32 > scripts to deal with those listed functions. I wonder what the use of
33 > the flag is then? Perhaps an old compatibility layer than is not needed now?
36 > I can't see a reason why systemd is being downgraded; the previous
37 > output either lists just "sys-apps/systemd" or uses a ">=" operator.
38 > Nothing to say why 219_p112 is the highest usable version.
39 >
40 > Once the emerge finishes and portage has done what it wants, run these
41 > commands:
42 >
43 > emerge -pv systemd
44 > emerge -pv =systemd-225
45 >
46 > (225 being latest in the tree). Then we can see better why portage is
47 > doing what it does
52 I think it has something to do with fail2ban -- the version of systemd
53 in the tree after the 219 version is 224-r1 and 225 and now portage is
54 saying
55 WARNING: One or more updates/rebuilds have been skipped due to a
56 dependency conflict:
57 and one of those says
58 (sys-apps/systemd-225:0/2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
59 conflicts with^M
60 sys-apps/systemd[python(-),python_targets_python2_7(-),python_single_target_python2_7(+),python_targets_python3_4(-)]
61 required by (net-analyzer/fail2ban-0.9.3:0/0::gentoo, installed)
62 Does that make sense?
65 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
66 How do
67 you spend it?
68
69 John Covici