From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] a few blockers I can't figure out
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 12:40:27
1 On 31/08/2015 13:49, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 >> A clue is in the ebuilds for systemd:
3 >> >
4 >> > sysv-utils? (
5 >> > !sys-apps/systemd-sysv-utils
6 >> > !sys-apps/sysvinit )
7 >> >
8 >> > That's a hard blocker, no way round it. It's in all the systemd ebuilds
9 >> > for the current unstable versions.
10 >> >
11 >> > Do you have USE="sysv-utils" set for sysvinit?
12 >> >
13 >> > If so, to have both sysvinit and systemd, you will have to disable that
14 >> > USE flag and see what comes next.
15 > I put that use flag in there because I thought it would allow systemd to
16 > generate a service from a script in /etc/init.d, but I will see what
17 > happens when I remove that flag or maybe if there is another way to
18 > accomplish that?
19 > Well, that did it! It still is downgrading systemd, but that's not too
20 > bad, thanks guys.
21
22 $ euses -sf sysv-utils
23 sys-apps/systemd:sysv-utils - Install sysvinit compatibility symlinks
24 and manpages for init, telinit, halt, poweroff, reboot, runlevel, and
25 shutdown
28 That description is quite vague, and could mean many things. I'm no
29 expert on systemd, but I would imagine that it already has it's own
30 scripts to deal with those listed functions. I wonder what the use of
31 the flag is then? Perhaps an old compatibility layer than is not needed now?
34 I can't see a reason why systemd is being downgraded; the previous
35 output either lists just "sys-apps/systemd" or uses a ">=" operator.
36 Nothing to say why 219_p112 is the highest usable version.
37
38 Once the emerge finishes and portage has done what it wants, run these
39 commands:
40
41 emerge -pv systemd
42 emerge -pv =systemd-225
43
44 (225 being latest in the tree). Then we can see better why portage is
45 doing what it does
51 Alan McKinnon
52 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com