From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Any video optimization tips?
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 15:21:02
1 Walter Dnes <waltdnes <at> waltdnes.org> writes:
2
3 > It has properly identified the cpu as "core2". But mmx, sse, sse2,
4 > sse3 (aka pni), and ssse3 are disabled!!! I'll change my CFLAGS to...
5 > CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -mmmx -msse -msse2 -msse3 -mssse3 -mfpmath=sse
6 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe"
7
8 I usually try to build these old system generically so that if I get a
9 hardware failure in a mobo, I can just move the Hard Drive or the Compact Flash
10 drive to another system, power up and go. In your case those flags are very
11 important to video, so what your are doing seems to be right.
12
13 O2 vs Os might be something to test, particularly if ram becomes saturated
14 by the apps. You may want to use "iotop" from portage to look at IO
15 conveniently with 2 different (O2 vs Os) kernels.....
16
17 Interested to see how it works out....
20 James