From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mp3/stream player?
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 08:13:53
1 Saphirus Sage <saphirus497@×××××.com> [09-07-20 09:51]:
2 > meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I am looking for a mp3 and stream player (playing mp3 streams and m3u
6 > > directly) as a standalone player and for combination with streamtuner.
7 > >
8 > > Ideal would be a player which itsself can scan for internet radio
9 > > stations, tune in, play and record in different files as streamripper
10 > > so I can skip streamtuner.
11 > >
12 > > I tried audacious but I cannot convince it to play anything.
13 > >
14 > > Is there anything aout there, which is still be developped,
15 > > non-bloated and stable, which I could give a try?
16 > >
17 > > Thank you very much for you help in advance!
18 > >
19 > > Kind regards,
20 > > Meino Cramer
26 > You can't really go wrong with VLC, although finding a stream is usually
27 > somewhat hard if you don't already have the URL. Other options are
28 > Listen or Rhythmbox; try them out and see which you come to prefer.
29
30 solfire:/home/mccramer>sudo emerge -pv Rhythmbox
31
32 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
33
34 Calculating dependencies... done!
35
36 emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "Rhythmbox".
39 ???
40 Is it part of another package or is it non-Gentoo or is it a typo ???
41 ;)
47 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
48 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
49 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
50 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.