From: Jon Hardcastle <jd_hardcastle@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ARGH I uninstalled python
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 23:36:59
1 --- On Sat, 23/5/09, Michal Sroka <michal.sroka@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > From: Michal Sroka <michal.sroka@×××××.com>
4 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ARGH I uninstalled python
5 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 > Date: Saturday, 23 May, 2009, 12:13 AM
59 Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
60
61 I followed this
62
63 http://blogs.pwmn.net/korkakak/2008/06/04/gentoo-i-unmerged-python-now-what
64
65 which worked - in the end. couple of caveats tho for anyone 'that follows' get python from their site as the ftp link in this article is out of date.
66
67 http://www.python.org/download/releases/
68
69 also I initially tried 3.01 and that didn't work so i installed 2.6.2 which worked 'out of the box' i then tested with 'emerge' and am now running 'emerge -va python'
70
71 Cheers guys!
72
73 Thanks to Dale too!
77 N: Jon Hardcastle
78 E: Jon@×××××××××××.com
79 'Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own.'
80
81 Please sponsor me for the London to Brighton 2009.
82 Just Giving: http://www.justgiving.com/jonathanhardcastle