From: "J." <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KRITA
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 03:12:21
1 El mié, 01-06-2016 a las 04:09 +0200, Meino.Cramer@×××.de escribió:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > due to bad luck in the past .... ;)
5 >
6 Bad luck? be more specific, usually code compiles or not for a reason.
9 > What is the most reliable and promising way to compile KRITA and only
10 > KRITA on Gentoo Linux ?
13 It is not in the tree so, you have to manually do it.
14 Read the upstream documentation that is in the source repo, install the
15 required packages for build and run time, and if you can, make an
16 ebuild. The way you say 'KRITA and only KRITA' makes me think you find
17 annoying to have to install other stuff for building it? Am I correct?
18 If so, there's no way around it, The package is actually very well
19 documented for building and packaging, I'd say some of the best stuff I
20 have seen, with pointers for packagers. So Following the
21 recommendations should not be difficult if you plan to make your own
22 ebuild for it. A downside might be it requires you to patch Qt5.6, but
23 you should be able to do that without many problems.
24 Another thing you could try is search for a overlay that has it, and if
25 you find only old versions, you can try to bump the ebuild.