From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub,sata,savedefault and error 27
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:52:54
1 On 12/27/05, capsel <capsel@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > title gentoo
3 > root (hd0,0)
4 > kernel /bzImage root=/dev/sdb2
5 > savedefault fallback
6
7 Can you post the full contents of your grub.conf/menu.lst. That might help...
8
9 > and it doesn't boot. I haven't got remote console so technicans had to
10 > do something. They booted kernel from grub prompt. Then I ran grub
11 > from bash
12 >
13 > configfile (hd0,0)/grub/grub.conf
14 >
15 > and I tryed to "boot" my kernel. GRUB showed
16 >
17 > savedefault fallback
18 >
19 > Error 27: Unrecognized command
20 >
21 > ...or something like that :)
22
23 I don't understand...are you saying that after the system booted, you
24 logged in, ran the grub program, and tried to boot your system?? If
25 so, that won't work, because there is a difference between the
26 configuration/setup program "grub", and the bootloader that it
27 installs. The booloader that it installs understands the
28 menu.lst/grub.conf commands, the program does not.
29
30 > Is it related to SATA or is it a bug in GRUB?
31 > Now after deleting all entrys related to save it does not boot either.
32
33 Not related to SATA. All bootloaders work through the BIOS
34 interfaces, so any drives that the BIOS can see can be accessed by the
35 bootloader.
36
37 > Will LILO handle SATA disk?
38