From: capsel <capsel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] grub,sata,savedefault and error 27
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 14:20:16
1 Hi group
2 I tryed to make config file for grub to migrate from centos to gentoo,
3 and even once it booted with saved I think. Some how it booted fith
4 entry in config file...
5 centos doesn't have grub-set-default so I ran grub, loaded
6 configfile and gave command savedefault 4... I don't remember what
7 else I have done but grub booted gentoo :D
8 after I added:
9
10 default saved
11 fallback 0
12
13 and to new, the only 'title'
14
15 title gentoo
16 root (hd0,0)
17 kernel /bzImage root=/dev/sdb2
18 savedefault fallback
19
20 and it doesn't boot. I haven't got remote console so technicans had to
21 do something. They booted kernel from grub prompt. Then I ran grub
22 from bash
23
24 configfile (hd0,0)/grub/grub.conf
25
26 and I tryed to "boot" my kernel. GRUB showed
27
28 savedefault fallback
29
30 Error 27: Unrecognized command
31
32 ...or something like that :)
33
34 Is it related to SATA or is it a bug in GRUB?
35 Now after deleting all entrys related to save it does not boot either.
36
37 SATA chipset is ICH7
38
39 what can I do?
40 Will LILO handle SATA disk?
41 Offcourse (hd0,0) is /dev/sda1 and /boot.
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list