From: Michael George <george@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hald is stuck
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 23:18:21
1 Bah! It's happened again to my system.
2
3 It was fine this morning when I left for work, but now
4 hald-addon-storage is stuck waiting on Disk IO (state of D). I looked
5 in the log and the only thing I noticed was that the ide-cd system
6 received a lost interrupt and timed out errors on both devices (hda and
7 hdb). All I have on there are IDE CD-ROM drives and they are both
8 empty...
9
10 Anyone have enough experience to hazard a guess as to whether I have a
11 drive going bad or if it's the controller?
12
13 Or could the timeout errors be unrelated?
14