From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Being Facebook member: How to anon?
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 16:53:46
1 tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > On 10/22 01:58, J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >> On 22 October 2017 10:50:01 GMT+02:00, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
4 >>> Hi,
5 >>>
6 >>> for its invasive nature and its data gathering I really dont like
7 >>> facebook.
8 >>>
9 >>> And now it seems that I cant with out it:
10 >>> There is a HUGE user group for the Creality CR-10 3D printer there
11 >>> and veryone and everything is referencing it.
12 >>>
13 >>> My question is:
14 >>> Are there ways (and which ones) to become member of facebook
15 >>> just to read and write to this user grout (like a mailinglist)
16 >>> and keep the impact on privacy an personal fingerprinting as
17 >>> small as ever possible?
18 >>>
19 >>> Every help is very appreciated!
20 >>> Cheers
21 >>> Meino
22 >> Run a dedicated browser in a dedicated user account. This should isolate any tracking cookies from going into your main account.
23 >>
24 >> --
25 >> Joost
26 >> --
27 >> Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
28 >>
29 > Hi Joost,
30 >
31 > thanks for your help.
32 >
33 > Does "dedicated browser" means "Firefox -NewInstance -P Facebookprofle" or
34 > does it mean "another browser than the installed firefox" ?
35 >
36 > Cheers
37 > Meino
40 I would think that would work.  I think I get where Joost is coming from.
41
42 Another thought, what about using Tor to make it so it can't track IPs
43 as well?  Joost, you have a thought on that?
44
45 Also, I've read where some people have had to prove who they are.
46 Facebook requests the info and if it is not provided, they suspend the
47 account until it is provided.  It's never happened to me but I've talked
48 to people who it did happen too.  How does one get around it if that
49 happens?
50
51 Dale
52