From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Being Facebook member: How to anon?
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 17:12:26
1 On 22 October 2017 18:53:36 GMT+02:00, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 >> On 10/22 01:58, J. Roeleveld wrote:
4 >>> On 22 October 2017 10:50:01 GMT+02:00, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
5 >>>> Hi,
6 >>>>
7 >>>> for its invasive nature and its data gathering I really dont like
8 >>>> facebook.
9 >>>>
10 >>>> And now it seems that I cant with out it:
11 >>>> There is a HUGE user group for the Creality CR-10 3D printer there
12 >>>> and veryone and everything is referencing it.
13 >>>>
14 >>>> My question is:
15 >>>> Are there ways (and which ones) to become member of facebook
16 >>>> just to read and write to this user grout (like a mailinglist)
17 >>>> and keep the impact on privacy an personal fingerprinting as
18 >>>> small as ever possible?
19 >>>>
20 >>>> Every help is very appreciated!
21 >>>> Cheers
22 >>>> Meino
23 >>> Run a dedicated browser in a dedicated user account. This should
24 >isolate any tracking cookies from going into your main account.
25 >>>
26 >>> --
27 >>> Joost
28 >>> --
29 >>> Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
30 >>>
31 >> Hi Joost,
32 >>
33 >> thanks for your help.
34 >>
35 >> Does "dedicated browser" means "Firefox -NewInstance -P
36 >Facebookprofle" or
37 >> does it mean "another browser than the installed firefox" ?
38 >>
39 >> Cheers
40 >> Meino
43 >I would think that would work.  I think I get where Joost is coming
44 >from.
45 >
46 >Another thought, what about using Tor to make it so it can't track IPs
47 >as well?  Joost, you have a thought on that?
48
49 I tried Tor once to see how it works. The network performance is too slow to be usable for something like Facebook.
52 Joost
56 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.