From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] browser advice
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:15:27
1 On Thursday 30 November 2006 02:51, Jorge Almeida
2 <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt> wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-user] browser advice':
3 > On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
4 > > I use Konqueror near exclusively;
5 > > I was an avid Opera user before I switched to Linux.
6 >
7 > May I ask what led you to change to Konqueror, given that Opera also was
8 > available in Linux?
9
10 General movement away from proprietary programs. I'm not completely free,
11 but moving that way.
12
13 Also, That was back in the 7.x branch of Opera and I believe it was
14 available but looked like crap; or I was using a beta that wasn't
15 available for linux yet; or it was binary-only and I was installing Gentoo
16 (therefore wanted the advantages of compiling from source); or it just
17 didn't integrate with KDE (my desktop environment of choice) as well.
20 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
21 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
22 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
23 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh