From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] app-admin/mcelog daily cronjob?
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 16:42:41
1 On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 17:14:27 +0100
2 Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > On Wed, 16 April 2014, at 4:52 pm, Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
6 > wrote:
7 > >
8 > > There is no such indication in that reply. That is up to you to
9 > > decide.
10 >
11 > Well, I posted here looking for useful answers
12
13 You need it when you need it; iotw, what keeps you from your decision?
14
15 (http://blog.stackoverflow.com/2010/11/qa-is-hard-lets-go-shopping/)
16
17 > and perhaps a full explanation (like, of how this is needed beyond
18 > the system logger), not vapid one-liners.
19
20 For a system to log a source it needs a logger that logs that source.
21
22 > I guess I'll just file a vapid-one bug that my Gentoo system is
23 > generating these cron messages, rather than first trying to come to a
24 > understanding of the cause. Would that make the developers' lives
25 > easier?
26
27 If it is a bug to you, up to you to decide, then feel free to file it.
30 With kind regards,
31
32 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
33 Gentoo Developer
34
35 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
36 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
37 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D