From: Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] loop-aes
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 01:36:01
1 On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 18:40:08 -0400
2 Chris Walters <cjw2004d@×××××××.net> wrote:
5 > My original question was: Does anyone know how to compile the
6 > "extra-ciphers" package that you can find on the loop-aes SourceForge
7 > site.
8
9 The following works here:
10
11 1) ebuild `equery w loop-aes` unpack
12
13 2) cd $PORTDIR/sys-fs/loop-aes-<version>/work/loop-AES-<version>/
14
15 3) make EXTRA_CIPHERS=y
16
17 4) cd ../../
18
19 5) touch .compiled
20
21 6) cd
22
23 7) ebuild `equery w loop-aes` merge
26 (I actually stopped only up to step 3, but it finished w/o error)
29 Since you said something about lack of documentation about loop-aes,
30 have you already found this?
31
32 http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/loop-AES.README
35 NOTE: "In order to support AES and other ciphers, mount, umount,
36 losetup, swapon and swapoff need to be patched and
37 recompiled."
38
39 There's a hope - Gentoo may provide a patched version of util-linux.
40 In case those tools are not already patched I wouldn't go that far on
41 a system which is not especially dedicated for this encryption test of
42 yours.
45 HTH
48 Best regards,
49 Daniel