From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot print pdf documents from KDE4
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 22:33:31
1 On Saturday 30 January 2010 12:01:57 you wrote:
2 > On Friday 29 January 2010 22:04:44 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 > > On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 20:19:46 +0000, Mick wrote:
4 > > > I checked another machine (of a similar build) which does not seem to
5 > > > have app-text/poppler emerged (only app-text/poppler-data,
6 > > > app-text/poppler-utils, dev-libs/poppler, dev-libs/poppler-qt4,
7 > > > virtual/poppler, virtual/poppler-qt4, virtual/poppler-utils).
8 > >
9 > > What arch are you running on these machines? poppler recently moved from
10 > > dev-libs to app-text on ~arch. This looks like you could be running the
11 > > stable arch with a number of packages in portage.keywords?
12 >
13 > They are both running stable x86, with the only keyworded package being:
14 > ~kde- misc/kim4-0.9.5
15 >
16 > What's the right way to proceed here? I see that app-text/poppler
17 > does not show the lcms flag until version 0.12.3-r2, which is currently in
18 > testing. I take it that app-text/poppler is not a dependency because it
19 > would have been pulled in when I emerged whichever meta package brought in
20 > Dophin/Konqueror. Is it that in time dev-libs/poppler will be deprecated
21 > and app-text/poppler will be pulled in then?
22
23 To answer my own question: the right way to proceed was to wait for the
24 mirrors to be updated and then portage unmerged/emerged the right packages.
25 revdep-rebuild then partially fixed it. I had to emerge kde-base/kdegraphics-
26 meta and kde-base/okular which did fix it. For some reason xpdf now won't
27 remerge. Time for a new thread.
28
29 Thanks for the pointer, lcms and app-text/poppler was the solution. :-)
30 --
31 Regards,
32 Mick