From: James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde 4.6.x going stable?
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 03:07:17
1 On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Paul Hartman wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Alan McKinnon<alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
5 >>  wrote:
6 >>
7 >>>
8 >>> Ask kde what's their timeline to release 4.6.1. Add 30 days. Not before
9 >>> then.
10 >>>
11 >>
12 >> AFAIK the release date for 4.6.1 is scheduled for March 1
17 > I'll add this.  KDE 4.6 has shutdown/logout issues here.  If I have
18 > Kpatience or Konqueror open when I log out, it won't log out.  I have to go
19 > to a console, login, kill xdm, kill the leftover cruft from KDE, restart xdm
20 > and login.  There was a update to kdelibs that was supposed to fix this but
21 > I may need to re-emerge konqueror, Kpatience and friends for it to die
22 > cleanly.
23
24 Simple solution - just never shut down... ;)
28 > Right now, I would wait unless whatever is stable is causing you issues.
29 >  This would be a really good idea if someone that is not geeky is using the
30 > system.  They may not know how to kill everything or have the root password
31 > to kill it all.  If it is just you, you may not mind the extra steps.
32 >
33 > If you are interested, I can post back if re-emerging those fixes it or not.
34 >  I upgraded kdelibs but have not re-emerged the rest yet.
35 >
36 > Dale
37 >