From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde 4.6.x going stable?
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 00:11:51
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Alan McKinnon<alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Ask kde what's their timeline to release 4.6.1. Add 30 days. Not before then.
5 >>
6 > AFAIK the release date for 4.6.1 is scheduled for March 1
11 I'll add this. KDE 4.6 has shutdown/logout issues here. If I have
12 Kpatience or Konqueror open when I log out, it won't log out. I have to
13 go to a console, login, kill xdm, kill the leftover cruft from KDE,
14 restart xdm and login. There was a update to kdelibs that was supposed
15 to fix this but I may need to re-emerge konqueror, Kpatience and friends
16 for it to die cleanly.
17
18 Right now, I would wait unless whatever is stable is causing you
19 issues. This would be a really good idea if someone that is not geeky
20 is using the system. They may not know how to kill everything or have
21 the root password to kill it all. If it is just you, you may not mind
22 the extra steps.
23
24 If you are interested, I can post back if re-emerging those fixes it or
25 not. I upgraded kdelibs but have not re-emerged the rest yet.
26
27 Dale
28