From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HP Cluster on Gentoo
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 12:45:52
1 On Monday 19 February 2007 02:47, Hans-Stefan Bauer wrote:
2 > storm1 hsbauer # /etc/init.d/gfs start
3 > * Starting gfs cluster:
5 > FATAL: Error inserting lock_dlm (/fs/gfs_locking/lock_dlm/lock_dlm.ko):
6 > Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
7 > * Failed to load lock_dlm kernel
8 > module [ !! ]
9
10 Check your kernel configuration, particularly the "Distributed Lock
11 Manager"
12 option, CONFIG_DLM. You may need that part of mainline so that your
13 out-of-tree module works.
14
15 > Apart from the occurring problem it is strange for me that emerge
16 > installs the kernel module into the root directory of the system (see
17 > error message above) and not into "/lib/modules/..." as I would expect.
18
19 Hrm, double-check (by looking at your filesystem) to make sure it's in the
20 wrong place. If so, please file a bug, that behavior is broken.
21
22 <OT>
23 By the way, the format of your question was excellent, IMHO. It had the
24 right
25 information about how your Gentoo system is set up and the exact, initial
26 error message.
27 </OT>
30 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
31 bss03@××××××××××.net ((_/)o o(\_))
32 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy `-'(. .)`-'
33 http://iguanasuicide.org/ \_/
34 New GPG Key! Old key expires 2007-03-25. Upgrade NOW!