From: Hans-Stefan Bauer <hsbauer@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HP Cluster on Gentoo
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:39:26
1 Hallo,
2
3 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. schrieb:
4 > On Monday 19 February 2007 02:47, Hans-Stefan Bauer wrote:
5 >
6 >> storm1 hsbauer # /etc/init.d/gfs start
7 >> * Starting gfs cluster:
9 >> FATAL: Error inserting lock_dlm (/fs/gfs_locking/lock_dlm/lock_dlm.ko):
10 >> Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
11 >> * Failed to load lock_dlm kernel
12 >> module [ !! ]
15 > Check your kernel configuration, particularly the "Distributed Lock
16 > Manager"
17 > option, CONFIG_DLM. You may need that part of mainline so that your
18 > out-of-tree module works.
21 Thank you for the fast answer. I looked into the file
22 "/usr/src/linux/.config". There is no variable CONFIG_DLM in it. Also
23 with a "make menuconfig" I did not find a possibility to select it.
26 >> Apart from the occurring problem it is strange for me that emerge
27 >> installs the kernel module into the root directory of the system (see
28 >> error message above) and not into "/lib/modules/..." as I would expect.
31 > Hrm, double-check (by looking at your filesystem) to make sure it's in the
32 > wrong place. If so, please file a bug, that behavior is broken.
35 I redirected the output of an emerge into a file with the following command:
36
37 emerge sys-cluster/dlm-kernel >& test.out
38
39 The full test.out can be found at the following address
40
41 machine: ftp.dkrz.de
42 login : anonymous
43 passwd : your Email
44 cd /pub/Outgoing/stefan_bauer
45
46 But, I think, the most important lines are the following:
47
48 >>> Merging sys-cluster/dlm-kernel-1.03.00 to /
49 --- /cluster/
50 >>> /cluster/dlm.ko
51
52 If this is a bug, please let me know how I write a bug report - I never
53 did this before :-) .
54
55 > <OT>
56 > By the way, the format of your question was excellent, IMHO. It had the
57 > right
58 > information about how your Gentoo system is set up and the exact, initial
59 > error message.
60 > </OT>
63 Thank you very much :-) and best regards,
64
65 Stefan
68 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list