From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: SOLVED - Re: [gentoo-user] alternate mta's
Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 14:29:29
1 On 2013-05-04 7:46 PM, Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > on 05/05/2013 01:15 AM Tanstaafl wrote the following:
3 >> Oh... ok, well, now I'm just wondering why it decided to install it all
4 >> of a sudden...
5
6 > mail-client/mailx : The /bin/mail program, which is used to send mail
7 > via shell scripts
8 >
9 > mail-mta/ssmtp: Extremely simple MTA to get mail off the system to a Mailhub
10 >
11 > They are totally different and not alternate of each other.
12
13 Well, I'm using msmtp not ssmtp, but yeah, I was having tunnel vision.
14