From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MBR partition
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 11:44:34
1 On Saturday 06 Sep 2014 13:49:27 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 06/09/2014 05:02, Joseph wrote:
3 > > I'm configuring MBR partition for older disk and need to know what code
4 > > to enter for boot partition. My BIOS is not EFI type.
5 >
6 > There is no such thing as an MBR partition. Please clarify.
7 >
8 > The MBR is the first sector of the disk. It simply exists and you use it
9 > as such.
10
11 I think the OP is meant to say that he is formatting an older disk (I'm
12 guessing less than 2TB) with a DOS partition table for the purpose of booting
13 with an MBR (as opposed to UEFI).
14
15 Of course I am reading between the lines here, because the OP has not
16 formulated the question clearly enough for me to know what kind of code he is
17 referring to (the whole PC is full of ... code) and where does he intend to
18 enter such code.
21 Regards,
22 Mick