From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MBR partition
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 12:27:05
1 On 07/09/2014 13:44, Mick wrote:
2 > On Saturday 06 Sep 2014 13:49:27 Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> On 06/09/2014 05:02, Joseph wrote:
4 >>> I'm configuring MBR partition for older disk and need to know what code
5 >>> to enter for boot partition. My BIOS is not EFI type.
6 >>
7 >> There is no such thing as an MBR partition. Please clarify.
8 >>
9 >> The MBR is the first sector of the disk. It simply exists and you use it
10 >> as such.
11 >
12 > I think the OP is meant to say that he is formatting an older disk (I'm
13 > guessing less than 2TB) with a DOS partition table for the purpose of booting
14 > with an MBR (as opposed to UEFI).
15 >
16 > Of course I am reading between the lines here, because the OP has not
17 > formulated the question clearly enough for me to know what kind of code he is
18 > referring to (the whole PC is full of ... code) and where does he intend to
19 > enter such code.
23 I agree, and I figured the same. Still waiting for his answer.
27 Alan McKinnon
28 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com