From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] stage files
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:04:04
1 On 8/24/05, John Jolet <john@×××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > Can someone point me to a reference that explains how to make your
4 > own stage files? It seemed to me that the stage3 stage file was
5 > pretty much a bzipped tar file of an installed system. Is this
6 > correct, or is there more to it? I've got a working system that I
7 > now need to replicate exactly across 13 more. I was thinking just
8 > tar up the install and use it as a stage file in the normal install.
9 > Is this naive?
10 > --
11 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
14 I think what you want is partimage (http://www.partimage.org/).
15
16 -Mike
20 Michael E. Crute
21 Software Developer
22 SoftGroup Development Corporation
23
24 Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
25 "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"