From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] stage files
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:17:18
1 My apologies...on second look, this is very close to what I'm looking for, at
2 least for the short term.
3
4 On Wednesday 24 August 2005 13:57, Michael Crute wrote:
5 > On 8/24/05, John Jolet <john@×××××.net> wrote:
6 > > Can someone point me to a reference that explains how to make your
7 > > own stage files? It seemed to me that the stage3 stage file was
8 > > pretty much a bzipped tar file of an installed system. Is this
9 > > correct, or is there more to it? I've got a working system that I
10 > > now need to replicate exactly across 13 more. I was thinking just
11 > > tar up the install and use it as a stage file in the normal install.
12 > > Is this naive?
13 > > --
14 > > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
15 >