From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Firefox (Namoroka-3.6.8, actually) and Epiphany-2.31-r1 both fail to show captchas
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 19:25:04
1 On a number of websites, I've been unable to see the "captcha" that I need
2 to complete my business. Neither the image nor the response show up.
3
4 Opera, on the other hand, works fine (as does IE on my Windoze laptop).
5
6 For instance, I can register (it's free) with the NY Times, read an article
7 (example: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/26/world/asia/26kabul.html) but if
8 I try to email this to anyone using the link that appears on the page, I'm
9 confronted with a dialog that should have a captcha and a box for my
10 answer. It does not appear, and I cannot proceed.
11
12 Konqueror gives me unrelated trouble, which I'm still working on -- I don't
13 use it in general so I'm not surprised, but I cannot say what it does with
14 captchas.
17 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD