From: Hendrik Boom <hendrik@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Bizarre SSH connection reset
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 02:43:30
1 On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 08:03:51 -0600, Collin Starkweather wrote:
2
3 > To preface the question, I should mention that I'm currently residing in
4 > China, so communication with the networking guys on this end is a bit
5 > difficult because the communication algorithm typically begins, "Step 1:
6 > Learn Chinese."
7 >
8 > I am having difficulties with getting bumped out of an SSH connection
9 > from a server in the U.S. with "Connection reset by peer" maybe 5-10
10 > seconds after logging in.
11 ...
12 ...
13 >
14 > If the reset is not coming from the server or the client (I don't have
15 > any problems when I'm at a hotspot), where could it be coming from?
16
17 It might be coming from China's own internet gateways. If you access
18 content they reject, I'm told the international gateway simulates a
19 disconnect, so it looks to both parties tha other just disconnected.
20
21 - hendrik
25 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list