From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alternative kernels
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 13:15:07
1 Am 01.11.2014 um 23:28 schrieb Neil Bothwick:
2 > On 1 November 2014 17:19:18 WET, Peter Humphrey
3 > <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 >
5 > On Saturday 01 November 2014 15:38:43 Neil Bothwick wrote:
6 >
7 > One useful feature for me is that grub2 will boot from an ISO
8 > image, I always keep system rescue cd image in /boot.
11 > We all have our own ways of doing things. My equivalent to that is to have a
12 > small rescue system in its own partition on each box, tailored to its
13 > companion main system.
16 > That's what I used to do until I found grub 2 could boot an ISO. Now I
17 > only need to copy one file to /boot to update my rescue setup.
18 > --
19 > Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
20
21 I have an usb stick for that. Advantage: even if the ssd containing /
22 and /boot dies, I can get to my data in /home.