From: "Spackman
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Movie editing softeware
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 16:08:05
1 On 2021/12/20 at 11:17am, William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > Hi, what is a usable piece of software in portage to do a quick edit of
3 > a movie? (cut start/end and maybe splice a bit in/out of the middle?)
4
5 I've not seen anyone mention OpenShot. It is in portage, but masked for
6 some reason.
7
8 As someone else mentioned, you do have to create a project and then
9 export. Really, though, the "create project, make export choices" is
10 only like an extra minute or two of your time. I usually don't even save
11 the project for just some simple trimming.
12
13 Alternatively, there are sites that do video editing. I like veed.io
14 just because it can add and then translate subtitles (which I need for
15 my job), but I'm sure there are many others.
18 Chris Spackman (he / him) chris@××××××××××.com
19
20 ESOL Coordinator The Graham Family of Schools
21 ESL Educator Columbus State Community College
22 Japan Exchange and Teaching Program Wajima, Ishikawa 1995-1998
23 Linux user since 1998 Linux User #137532