From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Movie editing softeware
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 17:14:02
1 On 21/12/2021 16:07, Spackman, Chris wrote:
2 > On 2021/12/20 at 11:17am, William Kenworthy wrote:
3 >> Hi, what is a usable piece of software in portage to do a quick edit of
4 >> a movie? (cut start/end and maybe splice a bit in/out of the middle?)
5 > I've not seen anyone mention OpenShot. It is in portage, but masked for
6 > some reason.
7 >
8 > As someone else mentioned, you do have to create a project and then
9 > export. Really, though, the "create project, make export choices" is
10 > only like an extra minute or two of your time. I usually don't even save
11 > the project for just some simple trimming.
14 It may be a minute or two of YOUR time.
15
16 For someone who doesn't "DO" video editing, it can easily turn into
17 hours of debugging trying to work out what does (or doesn't) work.
18
19 Been there done that!
20
21 Sorry, but you can't assume we're all video whizzes like you ... :-)
22 That's why we want something dummy-proof!
23
24 Cheers,
25 Wol