From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mounting USB devices on qemu at run time
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 18:35:26
1 I used to be able to add a driver on the command line launching qemu and then
2 being able to mount/unmount USB devices using the qemu monitor CLI. Either I
3 have forgotten the correct syntax, or something changed with qemu-4.0.0-r50
4 and I am no longer able to get USB devices to be recognised on a Windows
5 guest.
6
7 Here are the relevant lines in the terminal:
8
9 -device qemu-xhci,id=xhci \
10 -device usb-host,id=Garmin,vendorid=0x091e,productid=0x28db
11
12 On the monitor I get:
13
14 (qemu) info usb
15 Device 1.0, Port 1, Speed 1.5Mb/s, Product USB Host Device, ID: Garmin
16
17 but I am not seeing this coming up in the guest as a USB device and trying
18 various permutations on the monitor CLI with 'device_add ...' does not get me
19 anywhere.
20
21 Google has not helped so far, because many pages simply list deprecated
22 commands from years ago. Would you know how I could mount and unmount devices
23 at will in runtime?
26 Regards,
27
28 Mick