From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FLAC to mp3 converters?
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 20:14:40
1 On Wednesday 05 November 2008 22:55:34 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > >> 2008/11/4 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>:
4 > >> > Hi,
5 > >> > I'm wondering if anyone has a good way to convert a large hierarcy
6 > >> > of directories populated with FLAC files to a new set of directories
7 > >> > using mp3 instead? The FLAC directory contains something like 20000
8 > >> > files so I need the converted structure to replicate the original.
9 > >> > Most likely the tool has to be very tolerant of file naming, unicode,
10 > >> > etc., as there are likely to be any number of strange things in there.
11 > >> >
12 > >> > Possibly something in perl or, for the likes of me, even something
13 > >> > GUI based.
14 > >
15 > > GUI-based: media-sound/soundkonverter
16 >
17 > Thanks to all for the answers and ideas so far.
18 >
19 > Andrew - can soundkonverter target the output files to a completely
20 > different directory structure? I.e., can it take input from
21 > /audio/flac/Artist/album/*.flac and send it to
22 > /audio/mp3/artist/album/*.mp3 where it needs to create the directories
23 > in the output tree?
24 >
25 > If so this would be great for my needs.
26 >
27 > I'll build it later this evening.
28 >
29 > Thanks,
30 > Mark
31
32 There ia an option (among others) "copy directory structure"
33 (I have not used it).