From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FLAC to mp3 converters?
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 19:55:37
1 On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >> 2008/11/4 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>:
3 >> > Hi,
4 >> > I'm wondering if anyone has a good way to convert a large hierarcy
5 >> > of directories populated with FLAC files to a new set of directories
6 >> > using mp3 instead? The FLAC directory contains something like 20000
7 >> > files so I need the converted structure to replicate the original.
8 >> > Most likely the tool has to be very tolerant of file naming, unicode,
9 >> > etc., as there are likely to be any number of strange things in there.
10 >> >
11 >> > Possibly something in perl or, for the likes of me, even something GUI
12 >> > based.
13 >
14 > GUI-based: media-sound/soundkonverter
15
16 Thanks to all for the answers and ideas so far.
17
18 Andrew - can soundkonverter target the output files to a completely
19 different directory structure? I.e., can it take input from
20 /audio/flac/Artist/album/*.flac and send it to
21 /audio/mp3/artist/album/*.mp3 where it needs to create the directories
22 in the output tree?
23
24 If so this would be great for my needs.
25
26 I'll build it later this evening.
27
28 Thanks,