From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: File transfer via USB?
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 05:05:57
1 On 2021-04-25, Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On 4/25/21 12:14 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
3
4 >> Nope. Many years ago I used UUCP a number of times for "production"
5 >> projects involving data gathering from remote systems via dial-up.
6 >
7 >:-)
8 >
9 >> 25+ years ago, I wrote an article about one of those projects for
10 >> Linux Journal.
11 >
12 > Can you narrow that down any more? I'd like to go find a copy of it
13 > and read it.
14
15 https://www.linuxjournal.com/article/2880
16
17 >> I'd probably have better luck with Kermit.
18 >
19 > Please elaborate.
20
21 I've used Kermit on Windows before. I already have Kermit installed on
22 Linux and use it every day. I've never run UUCP on Windows, and have
23 no idea that would be involved in getting it running in Win10 (I know
24 that WSL is out of the question -- I haven't looked into Cygwin).
25
26 > My fear is that Kermit would be more manual for transferring files one
27 > at a time. Maybe I'm wrong.
28
29 Yes, it would definitly be less convenient than UUCP.
30
31 >> and proxy, and I can get files to/from the Windows machine that way.
32 >
33 > ~chuckle~
34 >
35 > That happens.