From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xserver switch keyboard settins by random
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 14:04:04
1 On Saturday 16 January 2010 12:24:46 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I am using X.Org X Server 1.7.4.
5 >
6 > From time to time for currently unknown reasons
7 > the XServer switches from "de" keyboard layout
8 > to "us" layout or do a caps-lock. I cannot
9 > revert those "hickups" without restarting X.
10 >
11 > What is triggering this misbehaviour, what can
12 > I do to prevent this ?
13
14 You're not using KDE by any chance? I have noticed the same on a KDE desktop
15 and it is rather annoying that I end up with a US keyboard and have to guess
16 which buttons I should click on. I just changed the keyboard settings again
17 in system configuration. Let's see if they stick this time.
20 Regards,
21 Mick