From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xserver switch keyboard settins by random
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:02:27
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> [10-01-23 15:08]:
2 > On Saturday 16 January 2010 12:24:46 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I am using X.Org X Server 1.7.4.
6 > >
7 > > From time to time for currently unknown reasons
8 > > the XServer switches from "de" keyboard layout
9 > > to "us" layout or do a caps-lock. I cannot
10 > > revert those "hickups" without restarting X.
11 > >
12 > > What is triggering this misbehaviour, what can
13 > > I do to prevent this ?
14 >
15 > You're not using KDE by any chance? I have noticed the same on a KDE desktop
16 > and it is rather annoying that I end up with a US keyboard and have to guess
17 > which buttons I should click on. I just changed the keyboard settings again
18 > in system configuration. Let's see if they stick this time.
19 >
20 > --
21 > Regards,
22 > Mick
23
24 Hi Mick,
25
26 I am using KDE-applications from to time, but this occurs without
27 using them.
28 May destop is "no desktop" ... I am using openbox only. I am more
29 bound to the commandline... ;)
30 In the meantime I think (read: I dont know for sure...) that it has
31 something to with ncurses, slang and such...
32
33 Regards,
34 mcc
38 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
39 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
40 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
41 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.