From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Paludis newbie questions [was: Excellent Paludis interview]
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 19:15:26
1 On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 16:41:22 +0100
2 Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
3
4 > On Saturday 22 December 2007 02:50:54 David Relson wrote:
5 > > I'm experimenting with paludis. Seems fine, though a bit verbose
6 > > and cryptic. Running "paludis -i world" produces:
7 > >
8 > > Unhandled exception:
9 > > * In program paludis -i world:
10 > > * When making environment from specification '':
11 > > * When loading paludis configuration:
12 > > * When reading use file '/etc/paludis/use.conf':
13 > > * When adding source '/etc/paludis/use.conf' as a use file:
14 > > * When validating use flag name '':
15 > > * Name '' is not a valid use flag name
16 > > (paludis::UseFlagNameError)
17 > [...]
18 >
19 > Apparently you have a use.conf entry with no use flag (which makes
20 > that entry invalid). Paludis is stricter than Portage so it won't
21 > just ignore invalid input.
22 >
23 > > What am I missing that produces the "unhandled exception" and
24 > > "migrate to Paludis configuration" messages?
25 >
26 > We've received rather few reports from people testing the portage
27 > environment so it hasn't had much testing. It also disables some
28 > features that are available when using the paludis environment. Hence
29 > the warning.
30
31 Hi Bo,
32
33 As I'm a paludis newbie and as it allows a multitude of settings, I used
34 portage2paludis.bash to create /etc/paludis/use.conf. Whatever is
35 missing from use.conf is a combination of my ignorance and the script.
36
37 A copy of use.conf is attached.
38
39 Regards,