From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Paludis newbie questions [was: Excellent Paludis interview]
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 15:48:03
1 On Saturday 22 December 2007 02:50:54 David Relson wrote:
2 > I'm experimenting with paludis. Seems fine, though a bit verbose and
3 > cryptic. Running "paludis -i world" produces:
4 >
5 > Unhandled exception:
6 > * In program paludis -i world:
7 > * When making environment from specification '':
8 > * When loading paludis configuration:
9 > * When reading use file '/etc/paludis/use.conf':
10 > * When adding source '/etc/paludis/use.conf' as a use file:
11 > * When validating use flag name '':
12 > * Name '' is not a valid use flag name (paludis::UseFlagNameError)
13 [...]
14
15 Apparently you have a use.conf entry with no use flag (which makes that entry
16 invalid). Paludis is stricter than Portage so it won't just ignore invalid
17 input.
18
19 > What am I missing that produces the "unhandled exception" and "migrate
20 > to Paludis configuration" messages?
21
22 We've received rather few reports from people testing the portage environment
23 so it hasn't had much testing. It also disables some features that are
24 available when using the paludis environment. Hence the warning.
27 Bo Andresen