From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kicad and complications from hdf5 and vtk USE flags. Not package specific tho.
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 07:42:51
1 Arve Barsnes wrote:
2 > On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 at 08:02, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> !!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "<sci-libs/hdf5-1.12:=[mpi=]" has
4 >> unmet requirements.
5 >> - sci-libs/hdf5-1.10.5-r1::gentoo USE="cxx hl threads zlib -debug
6 >> -examples -fortran -mpi -szip -unsupported" ABI_X86="(64)"
7 >>
8 >> The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
9 >> !unsupported? ( threads? ( !cxx !hl ) )
10 >>
11 >> The above constraints are a subset of the following complete expression:
12 >> !unsupported? ( at-most-one-of ( cxx mpi ) threads? ( !cxx !mpi
13 >> !fortran !hl ) )
14 > The mpi flag now seeds to be a distraction, as the actual problem now
15 > is that hdf5 can't have both the threads and the cxx USE flag enabled
16 > at the same time. Maybe you have these in global, or set somewhere in
17 > your config?
18 >
19 > Regards,
20 > Arve
25 Ah ha.  Success.  I took a look at my USE line in make.conf.  I did have
26 threads in there so I moved it to a commented line to remove its
27 consideration.  I also noticed -cxx was in there as well and moved it to
28 a commented line.  I also commented out as much as I could in
29 package.use, the things I'd tried previously.  Now it has a clean path
30 to upgrade.
31
32 Thanks much.  Once those get done updating, I'll apply my hammer to
33 libreoffice.  :-D
34
35 Dale
36
38
39 P. S.  Is there a tool to make the USE line in make.conf in alphabetical
40 order or something?  When I add things, I try to put them in order so it
41 is easier to find them.  For some reason, they are out of order, a lot.
42 Something at some point messed up my organizing, badly.