From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo on Android and the problem of space
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 03:15:31
1 2015-08-01 0:09 GMT-03:00 <Meino.Cramer@×××.de>:
2
3 > James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> [15-08-01 04:28]:
4 > > <Meino.Cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:
5 > >
6 > > > on my tablet PC I used an Android App called "Linux deploy"
7 > > > to install an chroot-environment for - guess - Gentoo. :)
8 > >
9 > > > The tablet has a SDcard slot and recognizes any FAT32 formatted
10 > > > SDcard automatically. Anything else will silently be ignored.
11 > >
12 > > > Furthermore Linux deploy uses a single file when it is
13 > > > pointed to an external SDcard (with FAT32) which is mounted
14 > > > via a loop device, formatted ext4, and then populated with
15 > > > the Gentoo Linux files.
18 > > Hello Meino,
19 > >
20 > > I'm not sure tinhat will suit your needs.
21 > > I'm not sure this will work, but if it does it might jubt be very
22 > > cool and quick:
25 > > http://opensource.dyc.edu/tinhat
28 > > I'd be curious if anyone has uploaded such to an existing tablet
29 > > computer.
33 > > hth,
34 > > James
39 > Hi James,
40 >
41 > Thank you for the link, James ! :)
42 >
43 > But I am not in search of a totally different distribution...I am
44 > looking for more space for my current one... :)
45 >
46 > Best regards,
47 > Meino
52 Hi,
53
54 Just my 2 cents: my tablet knows about NTFS; it reads and writes in an 8G
55 portable flash drive formated that way. It is slow, but it works.
56
57 Best regards,
58 Francisco