From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo on Android and the problem of space
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 03:10:09
1 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> [15-08-01 04:28]:
2 > <Meino.Cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:
3 >
4 > > on my tablet PC I used an Android App called "Linux deploy"
5 > > to install an chroot-environment for - guess - Gentoo. :)
6 >
7 > > The tablet has a SDcard slot and recognizes any FAT32 formatted
8 > > SDcard automatically. Anything else will silently be ignored.
9 >
10 > > Furthermore Linux deploy uses a single file when it is
11 > > pointed to an external SDcard (with FAT32) which is mounted
12 > > via a loop device, formatted ext4, and then populated with
13 > > the Gentoo Linux files.
16 > Hello Meino,
17 >
18 > I'm not sure tinhat will suit your needs.
19 > I'm not sure this will work, but if it does it might jubt be very
20 > cool and quick:
23 > http://opensource.dyc.edu/tinhat
26 > I'd be curious if anyone has uploaded such to an existing tablet
27 > computer.
31 > hth,
32 > James
37 Hi James,
38
39 Thank you for the link, James ! :)
40
41 But I am not in search of a totally different distribution...I am
42 looking for more space for my current one... :)
43
44 Best regards,
45 Meino